This project is read-only.

WPF support

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:00 AM

We have adapted the project to support WPF, not only Silverlight.

If you wish, we can contribute the changes.

Regards,
Zvonko

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Zvonko, what great timing! I was about to start adapting this project to work with ESRI in a WPF application. Could you upload a patch for the WPF code?

Maybe HillHouse can incorporate the WPF changes if there is time. Thanks in advance!

Dec 17, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Zvonko, could you post your WPF project when you get a chance? I would like to take a look at your solution and compare with my semi-working solution to see where my mistakes are. Thanks!

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Hi,

Sorry for my late answer. I did not have notifications for posts turned on. In my next post I will post the link so you can download the project.

Jan 27, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Here is the promised link: http://www.blubit.si/files/MilSymWpf.rar

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:02 PM

thanks!

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:28 AM

OK - I've got the posted WPF code - per the Discussions link.

I hadn't planned on doing anything with WPF but I'll look at the code and post back when I have something useful to say.

I've also got the ESRI integration on the back burner since ESRI claims to have their own.

Instead of finishing up AppendixB I'll take some time to look at both issues.

Feb 3, 2011 at 8:46 AM

We are using WPF at our work and it would be great if the WPF support would be integrated in mainstream library. If needed, we can take over the maintenance of the WPF-related code.

We were investingating ESRI's WPF components and found out that they support only server data and map sources, not local (i.e. using mxd files). Furthermore, we did not figure out how to use the their MOLE in combination with their WPF controls. This makes ESRI's WPF controls unusable for us, so we use standard MapControl to display maps and MOLE on them. Everywhere else we use our WPF port of MilSym library.

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:13 AM

By the time you get this message there should be a project with limited WPF support for single point symbols with labels and markings - so far only the GraphicsTest has been ported. There is a lot more work to do. Please compare this to the WPF work you did and let me know what I may have missed.

Be careful with the links in the solution file. So far, the biggest XAML differences are in the Outlines.xaml file in the WPF and SL projects. Also there are a number of #if SILVERLIGHT extensions.

I'll have to re-work the error handling - in progress.

I'll start looking into ESRI support next weekend.

Mar 12, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Thanks for the help. The latest drop now supports Microsoft's Silverlight map and ESRI's Silverlight and WPF maps.