This project is read-only.

Bounding boxes

Sep 28, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Hi,

First of all, thanks for sharing this project! We are using it in a map engine, and it generally works perfectly. However, we need to render each symbol to a bitmap, and then we need to use the bounding box for correctly determining the size of the bitmap. Now, it seems that the bounding box is not calculated correctly. In fact it seems that all symbols just have the hardcoded bounding boxes defined in SymbolData.cs. This causes a lot of symbols to be incorrectly clipped, especially all labels will be clipped. According to the documentation page, the Bounds property should have returned the correct bounding rectangle including the text labels and everything, so I guess there must be a bug here? 

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:04 PM

I'm glad this work was of some help to you.

As far as I know the bounding boxes should be working. Depending on whether you're using Silverlight or WPF you can look at the map tests and see a number of symbols, with bounding boxes drawn, located in the upstate New York area.

The bounding box work is a little incomplete, especially on weather and tactical graphics, but the standard point symbol graphics should be working fine. If this isn't the case for you, please post a sample program and/or add this to the Issue Tracker.