This project is read-only.

Milgraph "stretching" in WinForms

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Edited Feb 23, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I'm interested in multipoint symbology (lines, polylines, polygones, ...) and looking for ways to solve the problem of displaying them on a map and keep some parts in fitting size/relation (e.g. arrow heads).

Wouldn't arrows or other fixed angle parts of a symbol widen up their angle when changing only the width of a symbol using your current aproach? I have seen your way of defining anchors for your Matrix33 transforms and surprisingly anchors seems to be quite nice even when widen the angle... but this approach doesn't work for WinForms apps (rendering to an image before). Is there a WinForms solution planned, too?

Feb 27, 2012 at 4:51 AM

I'm planning to revisit the multi-point symbology to try and simplify the transformations - the current system is difficult to extend to other shapes. I haven't givern any consideration to WinForms apps - I'm more interested in creating a WinRT version that will work on Windows 8. I am aware of some GDI+ solutions for multi-point symbology on WinForms but I don't know of any free, open source solutions - maybe someone else does?