This project is read-only.

Building in VS2012

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Hi, 

There appears to be a problem building this on Visual Studio 2012/.NET4.5. All attempts to initialize a MilSymbol object crashes with an exception when trying to load the resource "labelresources.xaml"

It is very easy to reproduce, just build the solution in VS2012 and try to run the example apps, for instance GraphicsTest.exe

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I'll look into it this weekend. There are some changes from earlier in the summer that I haven't checked in - so this will be a minor update.

Aug 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Edited Aug 26, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I've uploaded an update to support building in VS 2012. While this change also seemed to work in my version of 2010 I don't know if it is because of some structural change that occurred as a result of installing VS 2012 or some other change.

The problem basically occurred because of a work-around I had done for VS 2010. In that version, when a file from a Silverlight project is linked into a sub-directory of a WPF project (through the VS 2010 GUI), the programmatic path to that resource behaves as if the file were copied to the top level directory rather than to the subdirectory. If you look in SymbolData.cs and look for LabelResources.xaml you'll see what I'm talking about - the path for WPF now includes "Themes".

Apparently this problem is fixed in 2012, possibly because it cleaned up the CSPROJ file? I don't actually know and I haven't tried to track it down but, at least on my box, the CSPROJ now seems to work in 2010 and 2012 with the correct resource path rather than the earlier "kludge".