Monochrome implementation?

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:57 PM
Is there a way to get the symbols for a monochrome display as described in MIL-STD-2525C Table IX?

I don't see a way to pull this off and Graphics test doesn't have a page for the table IX variations.
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Referring to the row three entry of that table ...

Frame: ON (black or white depending on background)
Fill: OFF
Icon: ON (black or white)
Comments: Default option for monochrome implementation; replace black/white
with the colors available in this implementation.

This effect can be achieved in Graphics Test (the Miscellany tab) by, for example, creating a transparent brush. For example, in Graphics Test change the line

var imageBrush = new ImageBrush { ImageSource = bmi, Opacity = 0.5, Stretch = Stretch.UniformToFill };

to

var imageBrush = new ImageBrush { ImageSource = bmi, Opacity = 0.0, Stretch = Stretch.UniformToFill };

Not the cheapest brush to use but it illustrates the principle.

Please let me know if this doesn't answer the question.
Jul 21, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Yes, that was the entry I was trying to duplicate. This definitely pointed me in the right direction. However, I need to generate it in white for a black background and can't quite get there.

With the fillBrush and lineBrush I can get rid of the background and make the border white. That doesn't make the internal symbol white. It looks like the color for the symbol is defined in each Appendix assembly's ResourceDictionary.

I was able to change the symbol color by modifying the assembly's XML so I have a path to do what I'm looking for. But I don't see a way set that color in code. I will Is there a way to do it in code?
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2014 at 1:54 AM
Unfortunately, I believe you are right - you would have to modify the brushes in each of the XAML files in order to get white pens for the normally black pens. Maybe there is a way to define the canvas to invert the symbol's color? I haven't investigated that.